The Big Bad Book (of everything)
Things You Should Have Learned In School But Didn’t
My Amazing Book of Everything
Finance For Kids
Cultivating an Attitude of Gratitude: My Gratitude Journal
What Inspired The Big Bad Book of Everything and My Amazing Book of Everything?
The Big Bad Book (of everything) and My Amazing Book of Everything: Finance For Kids were born out of the many “I-did-not-know-this”, “why-did-I-not-know-this?”, “why-wasn’t-I-taught-this-in-school” that Anna heard throughout her career as a Financial Advisor. It’s no secret that making the wrong moves in your early 20’s can set you back in life for decades. Very often, these ‘wrong moves’ are made because we don’t know any better so the BBB and the ABE aim to level the playing field. They give you the 360-degree view of potential situations that you may face as a young adult.
Here’s what you can expect to find in the Big Bad Book (of everything):
- Incorporating & Registering Business
- Business Taxes (What to Pay & When)
- Reasons Businesses Fail (And How To Avoid Failure)
- Renting Commercial Property
- Investments 101
- Requirements – Opening Investment Account (for each of the leading investment houses)
- Acing a Job Interview
- Intense Personal Budgeting (the Real Stuff)
- Buying Real Estate
- Renting Real Estate
- Should you rent or buy real estate for personal use?
- Buying a Vehicle
- Employment Taxes (Statutory Deductions)
- Life Insurance
- Credit Cards (are they evil?)
- Ridding Yourself of Student Loans
- General Debt Reduction
- Building and Maintaining an Emergency Fund
- (Before) Quitting Your 9-5
- Building Multiple Sources of Income
Here’s what you can expect to find in My Amazing Book of Everything: Finance for Kids:
Chapter 1 – What is Money?
Types of money
The Jamaican Currency
Jamaican Notes and Coins
Paying for Items Using Notes and Coins
Chapter 2 – Why Do We Need Money?
- Food, Clothing and Shelter
Building Our Country
Chapter 3 – Money in my Life
- Goods and Services – Why can we touch and see some items but not others?
Income – How do my parents get money?
Needs and Wants
Which is more important – needs or wants?
Savings – Bank accounts and Money Jars!
Budgeting for Kids
Chapter 4 – How Do We Get Money?
- Big Words! Let’s Explore! Active Income and Passive Income
Compound Interest – Money Makes More Money!
Stock Market – Let’s Take Our Money Jar to the Market!
Real Estate and Me
Chapter 5 – May I Borrow Some of Yours, Please?
How do loans work?
Is my loan my life partner?
Chapter 6 – Emergency Fund
- My Back Up Money is My Invisible Money